Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad

Heirloom tomatoes arrive in the stores with Spring. They are available in multiple colors and are very juicy. But most importantly they are delicious. I am not someone who loves tomatoes. But these tomatoes are an exception. The salad I present today is very delicious and it is not because the recipe is complicated. These tomatoes need very little to bring out their flavor. If you have not tried these tomatoes try this recipe. You will love it.


I found this recipe in a food magazine Cooking Light in my Doctor's office a while back. It was a two year old magazine and I started to browse through it to kill time. I liked this recipe and took a picture with my phone. It has been a hit ever since. In fact everything I make with these tomatoes is loved. I have decided to plant these in my garden this spring. Hopefully they will grow well and I will not have to buy them. I will keep you posted.

You will need
2 heirloom tomatoes (I used one red and one yellow)
5-6 springs cilantro
1 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. goat cheese

Slice the tomatoes lengthwise and allow to drain. Dice the cilantro. Combine the tomatoes, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and allow it to rest for 15-30 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over the top and combine. Serve immediately.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Such a simple and delicious salad..how wonderful that with one vegetable you made so many salads..bookmarked..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried adding goat cheese in salad, will give a try to this simple version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my type of salad can finish this bowl at one go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refreshing and delicious tomato salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks healthy and inviting Varada....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and delicious Salad..will try adding Cheese to Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful. I haven't explored goat cheese so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always looking for simple salads and this one is a perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too don't love tomatoes though I can manage eating them sneaked in recipes. This salad looks refreshing though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.