Potato Dill Salad

Potato salad is my daughters favorite salad so I make it frequently. This Hungarian version is a little different but just as flavorful. As with all potato salads it makes a great side.


The recipe called for vinegar but I knew my daughter would never eat it with vinegar so I left it out. The recipe to me sounded a little bland but I stuck with it and hoped for the best. I was not disappointed. In the end it all came together very well.

Recipe adapted from here
You will need
4 small potatoes
1 small onion, diced
4-5 springs dill, diced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes in salted water. Peel and dice. Add the onion and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together the oil and vinegar and pour over the salad. I left out the vinegar and it tasted great.

Comments

  1. Dill garnish on the salad is inviting. Yummy looks salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding dill must have made this potato taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your collection of potato salad should make your daughter very happy, this one is inviting too..i like the dill taste but the local dill here shepu can never replace the taste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would definitely love to try this salad, in my case even I would omit vinegar...somehow even my son would not like it with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the end of this series you must be having quite a varietynof potato salad. I too don't prefer vinegar, salad looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.