Potato Oven Fries with Basil and Oregano

French Fries are a favorite American food but they are so oily and unhealthy. Oven fries made at home are a much better option and every one loves them. I already have a couple of oven fries recipes on this blog, basic irresistible oven fries and sweet potato fries. But oven fries are so addictive that I keep trying variations.


Today I was trying to recreate a diner burger plate for the 2014 52 Week Challenge for the theme diner/drive-in food. It was important for the fries to look like their deep fried cousins. I figured I could tweak the seasoning a little and added dried basil and oregano as well as salt and pepper. They tasted great and my diner plate looked really good too.


I baked the burger buns and made the patti but that will be another post. Today I want to focus on the fries.

You will need
1 Russel potato
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and peel the potato. Cut it lengthwise into rectangular fries similar to those that are fried.


Wash the cut fries to remove excess starch. Sprinkle all the other ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the fries over and bake for another 10 minutes or until they are browned and cooked through.


Enjoy!

Comments