Mung Paratha

I had make mughachi usal for dinner and had some left over. I wanted to give it to my daughter for her school lunch but she does not like to take poli-bhaji to school. I know leftover toor dal is used to make dal paratha. So I decided to mix the usal into the whole wheat flour to make the poli. And so was born the mung paratha or the mughachi usal paratha.


I had 3/4 of a cup of mughachi usal. Adjust proportions based on what you have
You will need
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup muchachi usal
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. paprika
salt to taste
olive oil

Combine the whole wheat flour and mugachi usal in a bowl. Add the cumin powder, paprika and salt. Form a ball of dough using water.


With a few drops of oil on your palm knead the dough and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Divide the dough into lemon sized portions.


Take one of the portions, flatten it and roll it out in the shape of a disc.


Cook on a hot griddle pan until brown spots appear. Flip it over and cook the other side.


Repeat for all the portions of dough.


Serve with pickle or a vegetable side.

Comments